Let Your Yoga Dance® Teacher Training for Special Populations
PRE-Requisite: Let Your Yoga Dance Teacher Training*
* - For Certified Let Your Yoga Dance Teachers Only
Next Training: Begins June 24, 2022
Let Your Yoga Dance® for Special Populations is a unique combination of yoga, qigong, breath, embodied positive psychology, dance, and music which brings inspiration and celebration to heart and mind. The result: Healing through Joy.
- Serve people who need and want to move their bodies but are hindered due to illness, pain,lack of mobility
- Study, practice, and teach appropriate pranayama-breathing techniques for this population
- Discover creative ways to dance your yoga in chairs and to teach it to your students
- Heighten your sensitivity to the emotional and mental needs of special populations
- Understand the power that Music has upon the Brain
- Practice-teach and mentor fellow participants in the dance of yoga
- Practice-teach with visiting special needs students
- To become a Let Your Yoga Dance for Special Populations instructor, you must have completed Let Your Yoga Dance Teacher Training and have a certificate.
- When you have successfully completed the special populations training, you will be a certified Let Your Yoga Dance for Special Populations instructor.
Here are 9 Reasons why People with Parkinsons and Special Needs Benefit from Let Your Yoga Dance®:
Let Your Yoga Dance® breaks the isolation of being alone with a progressive disease. People in need of extra care and their caregivers come together in a safe, gentle environment to learn to dance their yoga.
Let Your Yoga Dance® stimulates not only the mind by engaging in simple and challenging movements throughout the body, but also the emotional body, bringing endorphins to the brain and joy to the spirit.
Let Your Yoga Dance® activates all the senses through deep breathing simple movements and postures.
Let Your Yoga Dance® increases body awareness and the ability to live more consciously inside it, resulting in more confidence in walking, moving, and dancing.
Let Your Yoga Dance® plays with all kinds of musical rhythms which are stimulating to the brain.
Let Your Yoga Dance® includes constant focus on the breath. In the time-honored practice of yoga, breathing exercises naturally activate the parasympathetic nervous system, which is the relaxation response in the body. Deep breathing fosters deep relaxation which is essential for anyone with special needs.
Let Your Yoga Dance® is an express route to joy! This practice brings a natural merging of yoga, dance, and movement, along with the use of wonderful music from around the world.
Let Your Yoga Dance® for Special Populations is fun - and healing at the same time.
A Brief History of the Origins of Let Your Yoga Dance® for Special Populations:
12 years later, medical research is demonstrating consistently that dance, yoga, qigong, breath, tango, cycling, spirituality offers important benefits for every population desiring to maintain physical health, brain health, heart health, and soul health. Let Your Yoga Dance® - Gentle Style offers all these elements – and more. The teacher training gives you a great opportunity to bring this healthful practice to those needing it most. Now there are special populations instructors around the USA, Canada, and abroad.
“Let Your Yoga Dance is the gift that keeps on giving! I am blessed to teach elders in my community! They always tell me how my classes are the best part of their week, and they always go home feeling happy and healthy!” - Elayne Goldstein, Special Populations instructor