PRE-Requisite: Let Your Yoga Dance Teacher Training*
* - You must be a certified instructor
Two Weekends: (Friday Evening to Sunday at 4:15pm)
Learn to teach Let Your Yoga Dance® in and out of chairs to people with special needs: People with Parkinson's, MS, the elderly, people with arthritis, people suffering from depression, people healing from cancer and/ or undergoing chemotherapy. This 5 day training is for body-centered teachers of yoga dance, yoga, bodyworkers, physical therapists, MDs, nurses, special-ed teachers, educators.
Note: Tuition includes a manual. In order to receive a diploma, students must complete Let Your Yoga Dance Teacher Training, before the Special Populations training. Please complete and e-mail the health and training information form below prior to the program start date.
For Certified Let Your Yoga Dance Teachers Only.
Let Your Yoga Dance® Teacher Training for Special Populations will teach you to:
- Serve people who need and want to move their bodies but are hindered due to illness, pain, lack of mobility
- Study, practice, and teach appropriate yogic-breathing techniques for this population
- Discover creative ways to dance your yoga in chairs and teach it to your students
- Heighten your sensitivity to the emotional and mental needs of special populations
- Slow down! Treat your students with respect and care, promoting dignity and self-confidence
- Increase your music library with appropriate music for your students
- Understand the power that Music has upon the Brain
- Utilize the seven chakras (the energy centers of the body) as a roadmap for your classes
- Increase your own movement vocabulary so you can in turn offer new sequences to your students
- Practice-teach and mentor fellow participants in Let Your Yoga Dance
- On the job training with visiting special needs students
- Learn how to stay grounded and not attached to outcome
- Working with balance, observe your emotions and steady your mind and energy field
- Be sensitive to the unique needs of this population
- January 21-23, 2022
- January 28-30, 2022
(PLUS Two or three special Zoom calls in June TBA for additional support)
- Friday Evening - 6:30-9:00pm EDT
- Saturday and Sunday - 10:00am- 4:15pm EDT
The preparation is great—much of it is a review of your Teacher Training requirements. Make sure you have done the following by opening night:
- Complete Let Your Yoga Dance Teacher Training (Next Dates: Oct 1-3, Oct 8-10, Nov 19-21).
- Read (or reread) my book Expanding Joy: Let Your Yoga Dance, Embodying Positive Psychology
- Review (or experience for 1st time) MP4 or DVD Let Your Yoga Dance – with Megha - when you practice Let Your Yoga Dance – with Megha, you will learn so much about the practice.
- Watch Material Required for Let Your Yoga Dance Training on YouTube for free, which will bring you to a playlist with four videos for you to study.
- Do the VIA fun and FREE survey to receive your personal 24 character strengths.
Please note: In the first video, I mention there being 2 videos, but there are now 4 total, listed below for your convenience.
- Enjoy 2 FREE MP3 (during Covid) audio yoga and moving meditation classes: Moontides and Power and Grace. I am gifting you with these two lovely yoga audio experiences. As you practice with them, you will receive another look at the yoga component a Let Your Yoga Dance class.
- Moving With Your Strengths - perfect for Let Your Yoga Dance instructors: Moving With Your Strengths (MWYS) is an MP4 download. I have made 30 videos of all the 30 positive psychology character strengths. I have taken each strength and brought it to movement with either gentle yoga, Let Your Yoga Dance, breath work, moving meditation, relaxation, qigong, or seated meditation. Moving With Your Strengths is a wonderful preparation for your training. Once you download it, MWYS will live on your device forever; you can refer to it any time you wish!
Do I need to be a certified yoga teacher to take this training?
You do not need to be a certified yoga teacher to take this training, however, the more yoga you know, the better.
I have been teaching three weekly classes since March of 2020, and will continue to do so. Because you’re going to be training with me in gentle moving yoga for people with special needs, I recommend coming whenever you can to my Wednesday Let Your Yoga Dance Gentle Style classes, because these classes are for your eventual clientele. This invitation is by no means a mandatory requirement, but would certainly be helpful for your education.
When will I receive my training manual?
A training manual is included with the tuition and will be sent to you 2 weeks before opening night. If you live in the USA, you will receive the physical manual two weeks before the training begins. Please enter your current mailing address during checkout. Due to prohibitive mailing costs, if you live outside the U.S, you’ll be provided with just the PDF. If you want a physical copy of the manual, you will need to pay for shipping due to high postal costs.
Pay with PayPal
Paying with PayPal:
- PayPal is Safe and Secure
- You do not need to have a PayPal account to checkout. You can pay by credit card through PayPal guest checkout
- PayPal does not share your financial information with Let Your Yoga Dance.
Questions? Email Us
Pay By Check
To pay by check, please contact Megha.
- You can receive a full refund for any reason until December 26, 2021.
- From December 27, 2021 until January 27, 2022, if you cancel you may receive back 50% of the tuition.
- From January 28, 2022 onward, you may be credited for the next training, unless you have a real physical or family emergency.
Thank you and welcome to the Let Your Yoga Dance Special Populations family!